I never learn!

måndag 11 april 2011

Okay......I am so disappointed in myself!
Here I have made a card that is at least fairly well,
and then I had to destroy it with a border around the edge.
And that's not possible to remove, how much I ever want to.
Watch and learn from my mistakes.....


The sentiment is a stamp of Wild Stamps and means: Wild roses and friends always come back. It is embossed with Reprints powder - Cherry.
Then I distressed with different Distress Inks: Old paper, tea dye, Tattered Rose, and satin rose from Encore.
I used a Spellbinder to cut the corner. And a little Lace...
Now we are not talking more about it this card I made for Less is More.


Instead, I have seen that there are some nice blogcandys out in blogland,
 for example here at Hobbykroken.
So much good stuff, and Congrats to all your visitors, it ends 1 Mai.


And here are more go candy: Lillblomman is also celebrating! Ends 29/4. 


And here a Birthday Celebrating: Paradises Pysselvrå. Ends 1 Maj.

Lovely papers from Pink Paislee to win here at: pojjos. Drawing 14 April.

Have a nice week and a great day!
Hugs, Birgit.


Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net


9 kommentarer:

Carole Campanile sa...

I have learned the hard way that you can always add, but never remove something from our work. Some stated that they take a picture of their card before adding and element they are not sure of. I tired it and it really does help.

I love your centre design and sentiment.
Carole

Jan sa...

Fab card xx jan

Viv sa...

I like this - border and all! Yes it may have looked just as lovely without but even with the border it does not detract from the focus of the card.

Kathyk sa...

I know what you mean when you just can't leave a card alone but I really like this

Kathyk

Mandi sa...

I've done things like that Birgit. I think it's best to leave something for half an hour or so then re look at it, usually you find nothing needs to be added
Super inking of the circle
Thank you as always
mandi
Less is More

Susan sa...

Birgit, I too, learned the hard way that less is definitely more in most cases. I often make my card...and if I feel something is missing, I just leave it overnight and revisit it the next day...mostly because I have added something to my card on occasion and found that I didn't like it! I love the circle you've done and the sponged colors...very pretty!

Rita sa...

Birgit, a very striking card, and I love the sponge effects too. Beautiful. Hugs Rita xx

Chrissie sa...

The real problem is when someone adds something to a card but doesn't realise that it was a step too far... you KNOW that you didn't need the framing lines... so there's not a real problem... you know what works and what doesn't.
Love the centre part of the card!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susie Sugar sa...

Great vintage design very pretty
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS